Benefits of Massage for Neck and Back Pain
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
As a Reading, PA Licensed Massage Therapist, Morgan E. Miller recommends a 90 day treatment plan for whatever pain management you choose.
Fantastic New Massage Techniques Help to Relieve Stubborn Neck and Back pain in less than one session...Schedule NOW
Millions of people continue to visit doctors and other health and wellness professionals month after month, year after year, with minimal results. My recommendation is to choose a treatment plan, set a time frame, monitor your results, and stick to it. I suggest a 90 day period where you track your results. If after 90 days your chronic pain treatment plan isn't working, try something else.